Saturday, January 3, 2015

52 Weeks to a Clean House: Week 1 - Putting Christmas Away



Packing Up Christmas Decorations

A fellow blogger recently suggested that I could blog about "52 Weeks to a Clean House," and do a post each week. She even had some great ideas for humorous posts. The more I thought about her suggestion, the more I liked it. After all, having some accountability (this blog) along the way might give me the motivation I need to actually achieve order in my home this calendar year.  I started an organizing project a couple of years ago, but was de-railed by medical challenges (cancer and a broken ankle). But I am healthy and the house is still a mess, so it seems like  a great time try again. Of course, you know from my profile that I am always looking for other things to do BESIDES clean the house, so never fear--I am certain this will not become a how-to for housework.

This first week of January is a short week (only 3 days). I spent part of New Year's day planning my goals for the upcoming year. Yesterday, I hauled boxes in from the garage and started taking down Christmas decorations.  My project for this first week of January is to finish putting Christmas away, and make a plan for what I will accomplish next week. Guess I had better get started...those boxes are not going to find their way out to the garage by themselves!

Ornaments and Storage Boxes


Happy 2015!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, you did it! Good for you. I look forward to following your progress all year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am off to a running start. Hopefully I can maintain momentum as the year goes on. I appreciate you following my progress :)

    ReplyDelete