I hate listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving.
I wish radio stations would continue to play Christmas music after Christmas, until New Year's Eve. I find the transition back to the regular radio formats immediately after Christmas is jarring.
It is not enough for me to like a particular Christmas song...it also matters to me who is singing it. There are some versions of songs that I cannot abide.
I don't understand why "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music gets played as a Christmas song.
I like Mannheim Steamroller's "Deck the Halls" and "Stille Nacht."
I can take "funny" Christmas songs in very small doses, like "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" or "The Twelve Pains of Christmas."
There are some songs I look forward to every Christmas. Here are some of my favorites, in no particular order:
1. O Holy Night - Nat King Cole or Josh Groban
4. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - U2
6. For Unto Us a Child is Born - from Handel's Messiah
And here are some of the Christmas songs I could do without!
- Christmas Shoes - Newsong
- It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - anyone
- Happy Xmas (War is Over) - John Lennon
- Please Come Home for Christmas - the Eagles
- The Holly & The Ivy
Which Christmas songs are your favorites? Which ones are on your "worst" list?