Tuesday, February 10, 2015

52 Weeks to a Clean House: Week 7 -The Paper Chase


Place I Would Rather Be!

 Last week I was pretty hopeful as I dug through boxes and generated bags of paper for the shredder and the recycling bin. I cleared one file drawer, and could see the potential in a couple of other drawers.

One File Drawer Ready to Go!

However, my clutter-attention span is notoriously short. And this week seems very daunting. Those tax back-up documents I need are also proving to be rather elusive, which should teach me to set up a good filing system right now for the 2015 papers. Then at least I will avoid the paper chase next year!

Before I dive into yet another box and chase more paper around in the sort and purge phase of this process, I am going to digress. Here are the things I would rather be doing right now:
  • Relaxing on a beach
  • Skiing
  • Taking a nap
  • Reading a book
  • Eating chocolate...
Oh wait! I can make those last two happen!!


What are your favorite distractions?

3 comments:

  1. My favorite distractions: books, chocolate, bubble baths, random reality TV shows, and sleep. (And I'd rather be in Napili Bay, too!) Good luck with the paper piles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why those distractions are favorites! I love some of those, too. Thanks for wishing me luck...I'll need it.

      Delete
  2. I can be easily distracted by any number of things, so I feel your struggle...squirrel! Hang in there. The best things are those we have to work for.

    ReplyDelete